Categories

Friday, June 29, 2018

Rant




 
Let me just vent. I am now writing this standing up. My back is acting up again. I need to get a check-up once again. Yes, this on top of everything else. Preparing for a long trip, taking care of the house and taking care of my son. I need an assistant.

Last week, I was so excited to watch Ocean’s Eight but what do you know it was R13. I wanted so much to unwind but alas it was not meant to be. Deep inside I felt like screaming, dammit why can’t my son be 13 already so I could have watched this movie in the big screen with a bag of sour cream flavored popcorn and sour cream flavored fries with Coke! I mean I am so tired dragging along a 12 year old son with autism in the mall always tugging at me and I can’t have a break. Dammit!

And what do you know, the universe gave me a chance to watch another movie. Adrift. It was a good survival movie based on a true story, it’s just that the heroine’s bra less scenes on the boat can be distracting and unnecessary. I mean yes, you’re on a yacht but for pete’s sake get a bra just for the movie. There are minors watching because it is rated PG  and what do I explain to my son,” Well, it’s normal son, no bra on a sunny day don’t mind the taut nipples sticking out.”
 
Anyway, just when you just like to be distracted with a funny movie, you have to seat through a serious one because you know you just want to munch on popcorn and watch tragedy. But it was a good movie, very inspiring, I mean to survive 41 days at sea is a feat, my salute to her.


However, Lord, I get it, it’s about survival, just like what I’m doing now, just surviving even if my lower back hurts, my legs aching due to sciatic pain and I’m worried about our trip abroad to relatives I haven’t seen in 15 years and I can’t watch a nice, funny movie. Why?!

Plus our toilet bidet is leaking and my favorite rubber shoe got a small hole in front because my big toe kept jamming on it, why?! Just give me a break, God… and now my husband wants to have guests over with the dishes overflowing and the house unkempt, I mean I’m so not busy right?..Thank you hubby! and when I told him, let’s have the visitors another day, we got into a fight and he sulked because it was his sister and her foreign boyfriend coming over wanting to see our house like a museum they have to visit. Whaaat the f**%k! 
 
So here I am writing about it because that’s the only thing I can do, rant about it, scream my lungs out inside my head and say all the curses on my mind because you know I can’t do it for real lest I sound like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth in mindless anger. You just take it and write about it and move on. Just like what my favorite writer, Kerima Polotan said, " Life scars a writer but he is not without weapons of vengeance". So here’s to you, mothe&4%ker!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment