Categories

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Writing again



My last post was last year. So much has happened and my son had a lot of breakthroughs this year. He is going to a bigger school and now preparing a trip to New York after a successful one from Vancouver last year. It is successful because we were able to pull it through on a 12 hour trip and now  he'll be having his longest one this summer, a 15 to 16 hour ride. It will be quite an achievement for him and for me since I have been preparing him for this with by going through numerous domestic flights and few international flights. I am quite happy autism did not deter us from having him on trips abroad.

I am happy with his development now but there are still new challenges that await us like getting him to the dentist and facing changes brought about by puberty but I know with God's help and guidance we will be able to surmount it successfully.

Right now, I'm preparing for our trip while doing unending errands. It is quite a challenge and hope that I can still continue to write because it is something important to me. I hope my words can inspire mothers with special needs like autism. I want to make them feel that they are not alone and this journey will make us stronger because having children like them opens our hearts with so much love we don't think possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment