Categories

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Rising up again




My last post had been in September 2013. Wow, that had been a long time. My son will turn 9 years old this year. Yes, it is still is a struggle. He still hates traffic and he's bigger and stronger now. He now has a gap on his front tooth which he got from his Dad and I'm still here hanging on.

What's different now is I've been studying, I'm taking up Special Education units and I will try to get my license as a teacher this year. I have bonded with some mommies and have a special group of friends to talk to about our special kids. I have been sidelined from writing for a while and now I'm coming back to what I really love doing.

I'm also training for a marathon. Something to test my mental power after climbing a perilous mountain last year. I'm doing it for my son, for myself, to test my limits so I can be better accompanying him on this journey.

I have changed because of him. I want to be better because of him. I'm not perfect though, I slip up but I will rise again. I will because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment