Categories

Friday, September 27, 2013

My Writing and Autism



It's been awhile since I wrote on this blog. I maintain three other blogs aside from this, a food blog, a blog about books and movies and a blog featuring my short stories. Though, I don't post everyday, I try to update it every month.

Writing for these blogs can be a challenge. It would be easy to plow along and write without any care just so I can update my blog but I can't. I put my heart and parts of my soul into it as cliche as it may sound but it's true. 

And so that's why I don't often post on this blog, one that pertains about my journey with autism. Because it is the blog that guts me when I write about it. It's the one that is the most personal and heart rending because it is about my son and our journey together with this disability.

I'm not perfect, I know I should be doing something more for him, maybe more therapies or spend more time with him but right now, it is unscrambling my thoughts here that I can cope better and become a mother that has more patience and more understanding.

I read an enlightening book by John Maxwell called :"Beyond Talent". He talked about focus and spending time on talents you feel you are good at or one that interests you the most. I feel that way about writing and I plan to cultivate this talent as much as I can. I plan therefore to write more often though I know I've mentioned it already because I feel that if you love something or someone, you don't run away. You come near it and get to know it better. I have ran away from it long enough and I realize I love putting down my thoughts on paper. It is the one thing that I am passionate about even when I was still in high school, journaling and creating short stories on small notebooks.

And I want to combine this craft with my journey with my son, to come to grips with this puzzling phenomenon that has also entered the lives of many families. Maybe writing more on this blog can also help other parents feel that they're not alone on this journey.

I hope to write here often and maybe share some tips on how to handle some social situations that I have encountered myself.  Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment